Cheryl (Guam): If I had1 a million dollars what would I do? Well first, I would take a portion2 of that money and put it into savings3. That way4 I would not be able to spend5 that money later. Secondly6, I would probably take some money and go traveling around the world. I would do everything that I've always wanted to do7 on my “to do list in life”8. And lastly I would give money to charities and churches and the rest would be given to my family and friends and everyone I love would be given an amazing present.
Jake (United States): I would buy an expensive house on a tropical island somewhere9 and a yacht and I would buy a very, very nice car and a private jet10. I don't know if a million dollars would buy all this stuff12 now. But I would just spend13 my days enjoying life14.
Nydja (United States): If I won15 a million dollars I personally would ... I would probably quit work and apply to16 a better university. You need money to get into college17 in the states so that would really help me out. I think I'd definitely buy a new house, maybe not a huge mansion18 but I wouldn't be renting anymore19 that's for sure20.
Jonathan (Canada): If I won a million dollars what would I do? I don't have the need to have any special large possessions21 such as22 a house or expensive car. I think that I would put the million dollars somewhere safe23 where there is no risk of anything24, like the stock market25, and I would live off the interest26 for the rest of my life. Even in27 a very safe circumstance, the return would probably be three or four percent being28 thirty or forty thousand dollars a year and I think that I could comfortably live off of that which would allow me29 to travel and see the places in the world that I haven't been to yet30.
Mauro (Brazil):Wow! This question's really great. What would I do with a million dollars? Wow! I would probably invest all this money, but invest in my own businesses31. These days I just think about making business, starting a business, so I just want to work for myself, so I would probably invest my money creating businesses and working for myself. It would be something really like that32.
Nick (Australia): A million dollars! If I won a million dollars, I'd go around the world. I haven't been to33 Africa and I'd really like to go. Secondly34, I'd buy a really big house with a really big television. Then after, if I had any money left35, I would invest. Maybe give some to my parents.
1. If I had = se eu tivesse
2. take a portion = pegar uma parte
3. put it into savings = colocar na poupança
4. That way = desta forma
5. be able to spend = ser capaz de gastar
6. Secondly = em Segundo lugar
7. everything that I've always wanted to do = tudo que eu sempre quis fazer
8. “to do list in life” = lista do que fazer na vida
9. Somewhere = em algum lugar
11. jet = jato particular
12. Stuff = coisas
13. Spend = passar
14. enjoying life = curtindo a vida
15. If I won = se eu ganhasse
16. apply to = inscrever-se em
17. get into college = entrar para a Faculdade
18. huge mansion =mansão imensa
19. I wouldn't be renting anymore = eu não estaria alugando mais
20. that's for sure = isso com certeza
21. large possessions = grandes posses
22. such as = tais como
23. safe = seguro
24. there is no risk of anything = não há risco de nada
25. stock market = Mercado de ações
26. live off the interest = viver de juros
27. Even in = até mesmo em
28. Being = sendo
29. which would allow me = o que me permitiria
30. I haven't been to yet = eu não estive ainda
31. my own businesses = meus próprios negócios
32. something really like that = algo realmente assim
33. I haven't been to = eu não estive (ainda)
34. Secondly = Em segundo lugar
35. I had any money left = Se eu tivesse algum dinheiro sobrando