Katia (Mexico): I prefer studying alone1, because if I have to work on one particular issue2, I stay as long as I need3 to, studying that part. So, I'd rather4 study by myself5.
Sunny (Korea): I think I prefer studying in groups, because I can 6 many things that I haven't thought about7, and then we can do some little chit-chats8 after the work…after studying.
Dani (England): Alone, definitely9. I kind of like to be in control of my own learning10. I feel like11 with groups, it's too12 easy to get 13.
Shiloh (United States): I definitely prefer studying alone. Like I said before14 about team sports, I am an . I like working in teams theoretically15, but a lot of times16, it doesn't work17. My problem is that a lot of the time, I don't study for tests until the night before18, so it's difficult to get groups together19 and study for the test. And I find that although20 maybe you learn better when you're studying in groups, it takes a lot longer21 and you get a lot less done22 in the same23 period of time. So, when I'm by myself, I'm able to24 just 25 the material and study hard and get it done26.
Phoebe (China): Do you like to study alone or in a group? My answer27 will be in a group. Definitely. Because when you study alone you have… you need to have high28 self-motivation29. I'm kind of lack of that30, so I need a group.
Gareth (England): I prefer studying alone, but I like to with other people and to discuss ideas. I think collaboration can help you to develop31 your own ideas and see things from a different point of view32.
1. alone = sozinho(a)
2. particular issue = questão específica
3. as long as I need = o tempo que eu precisar
4. I'd rather = eu prefereria
5. by myself = sozinho(a)
7. I haven't thought about = sobre as quais eu não pensei
8. chit-chats = bate-papos
9. definitely = definitivamente
10. my own learning = meu próprio aprendizado
11. feel like = sinto como se
12. too = demais
14. Like I said before = como eu disse antes
15. Theoretically = em teoria, teoricamente
16. a lot of times = muitas vezes
17. it doesn't work = não funciona
18. until the night before = até a noite anterior
19. get groups together
20. although = embora
21. takes a lot longer = leva muito mais tempo
22. get a lot less done = faz muito menos
23. same = mesmo
24. I'm able to = sou capaz de
26. get it done = terminar, fazer
27. answer = resposta
28. high = alto(a)
29. self-motivation = automotivação
30. I'm kind of lack of that = Eu tipo que careço disso
31. Develop = desenvolver
32. point of view = ponto de vista