Arienne, (Norway): My one 1... I can't really answer that because I don't really have any regrets. All my life I have basically had a few2 dreams and my dreams I have basically 3. My first dream was going to the United States on exchange4 and I did that and then my second big dream was going to Japan on exchange, which I also5 did, and I'm very happy about the fact that I am able to fulfill6 my dreams because not all people can do what I've been able to do.
Jeff (Canada): Regrets! I don't regret very much but I have a couple of7 regrets. One is that I played too much sports8 when I was young and I didn't 9 any music. I would have liked to play a musical instrument, and my other regret is that I'm uni-lingual. I only speak one language and I would have liked to learn10 another language when I was young.
Shibika (Oman): My biggest regret is not accepting a scholarship11 offer that I was given12 a few years ago. Instead13 I took another offer14 and I do regret it even though15 I'm happy right now16, but I wish I had taken17 that offer before.
Fred (Canada): OK, my biggest regret! My biggest regret would have to be four years ago, I was living in Spain18 and I was having such a great time19 and then for some reasons20, I had to go back to Canada and still to this day, I'm having a hard time21 with that decision. I wish I had stayed22 in Spain because my life was so great. I was going to the beach every day and it was such a sunny country23 and the people were very nice.
Kevin (South Korea): About24 seven or eight years ago, I was staying in Canada, but I had to come back25 then because my father had some problem in his company, but he told us that we could stay for a year or two longer26, but so I hope I could have stayed27 a little longer.
Rebecca (Australia): One of my regrets is that I have not traveled. When I was younger28, I really wished that I could have traveled overseas29 during high school30, taken up some exchange programs31 like I am now, through32 university, even33 traveled with my family overseas, but then it does have its own problems34, that I have been able to travel in my own country throughout35 the years, so that's my regret.
2. a few = alguns
4. Exchange = intercâmbio
5. Also = também
6. able to fulfill = capaz de realizar
7. a couple of = alguns, algumas
8. played too much sports = praticou esportes demais
10. would have liked to learn = teria gostado de aprender
11. not accepting a scholarship = não aceitar uma bolsa de estudos
12. that I was given = que eu recebi
13. Instead = ao invés disso
14. Offer = oferta
15. even though = ainda que
17. I wish I had taken = eu gostaria de ter aceito
18. Spain = Espanha
19. such a great time = uma época tão legal
20. for some reasons = por algumas razões
21. having a hard time = passando por um momento difícil
22. I wish I had stayed = Eu gostaria de ter ficado
23. such a sunny country = um país tão ensolarado
24. About = aproximadamente
25. had to come back = tive que voltar
26. longer = mais (tempo)
27. I could have stayed = Eu poderia ter ficado
28. Younger = mais jovem
29. Overseas = ao exterior, estrangeiro
30. during high school = durante o colégio
31. taken up some exchange programs = ter feito alguns programas de intercâmbio
32. through = através
33. even = até mesmo
34. its own problems = seus próprios problemas
35. throughout = por todos os