Kat (Germany): I don't use public transportation too often1. When I still lived in my home town, it was just too small to have public transportation. Nowadays2, I like to ride3 my car. I think public transportation is a great idea, but I really like the convenience of having my own4 vehicle.
Dani (England): All the time5, especially here at the moment at the university, I always use the bus or the train or walk everywhere6. I can't drive7, so it's my only option really.
Shiloh (United States): At school, I use public transportation a lot to get from8 my home to my university. There's9 a regular bus service that runs between10 my house and my school, which is about11 five kilometers or so12. But when I'm at home with my family in New Mexico, I don't use public transportation at all13. I think that American public transportation is few and far between15. it's not very well-funded15, and it's not very good, unless16 you live in the city. Everybody has cars, so you don't really have a need for public transportation, because everybody is able to17 drive himself where they need to go.
Sarah (England): Public transport is something that I don't often use at all. Because I own a car18, I normally just jump into19 the car and just drive wherever I need to go20. The only time21 really that I go use public transport is when I'm traveling around London, because using the underground22 is a lot more easier23 than trying to drive through24 the busy roads.
Warren (Canada ): Not so much25 these days. I have a car now, and where I'm living, the bus system isn't very good and there's no train station right by me26, so I tend27 to drive.
Tim (United States): I don't use public transportation very often. It's not as common in America as it is in other countries. And I also own a car, so if I need to get anywhere28, I just drive my own car, which is very convenient, because I can go wherever I want at whatever time29 I want without being dependent on30 a bus schedule31 or something like that32.
1. too often = com muita frequencia
2. Nowadays = hoje em dia
3. Ride = dirigir, andar de
4. Own = próprio
5. All the time = o tempo todo
6. Everywhere = em todos os lugares
7. I can't drive = eu não sei dirigir
8. get from = sair de
9. There's = há, existe
10. runs between = roda entre
11. about = aproximadamente
12. or so = ou mais ou menos isso, por volta disso
13. at all = absolutamente
14. few and far between = tem longos intervalos
15. well-funded = bem financiado
16. unless = a menos que
17. is able to = é capaz de
18. I own a car = eu possuo um carro
19. jump into = saltar para dentro de
20. wherever I need to go = onde quer eu eu precise ir
21. The only time = a única vez
22. Underground = metrô (Europa)
23. a lot more easier = muito mais fácil
24. through = através
25. Not so much = nem tanto
26. right by me = bem próximo a mim
27. tend = tender a
28. to get anywhere = ir a qualquer lugar
29. whatever time = qualquer que seja o momento
30. without being dependent on = sem ser dependente de
31. bus schedule = horário de ônibus
32. something like that = algo assim