Lindsay (United States): Yes, I've bought many things1 online. This year, I bought all of my family's Christmas presents online. I bought my mother a calendar, and I bought my father a golf bag2 online. And I bought my sister a 3 to an American store4, because she wants to buy a new suit5.
Paul (England): I'm an record collector6, vinyl record collector. I often use internet shopping sites to purchase7 rare and difficult-to-find records. It offers a huge range8 and access to records that often record shops9 do not have, or you have to wait for them to come into stock10. So, I find it opens up a whole world of options.
Gareth (England): I've bought stuff12 from Amazon before, and just mostly13 books and DVDs and stuff like that, and it was really convenient. I could click online, and it got sent to my door, and I . So, yeah, it was really easy.
Sarah (England): I tend to do more of my shopping online, including my food shopping, generally14 because it saves time15 and normally saves money. I've always gotten with16 online shopping; I've never really had a problem with it. Even when17 you want to return18 something, it's always really good.
Shifani (New Zealand): Yes, I have bought quite a few things19 online, actually20. I use “Trade Me”21 quite a lot, where you can buy items, used or new, from other users. So, I've bought computer software, I've bought a computer, I've bought a camera, I've even22 bought shoes and jackets, and have been satisfied23 24.
Warren (Canada): Yeah, I actually quite often25 buy things from the internet. The last thing I bought was a table, actually. I was quite surprised; I've never bought anything that large before. I actually just ordered26 it and it hasn't arrived yet27, but I'm looking forward to seeing28 how easily they can deliver29 that.
Adria (United States): Yes. Actually, my boyfriend is a computer engineer, and because of that, he likes a lot of gadgets30, so I go to a website and get him some kind of geeky31 little for him for birthdays and Christmas.
1. I've bought many things = Eu comprei muitas coisas
2. golf bag = mala de golfe
3. = certificado (cartão) para trocar por presente
4. store = loja
5. suit = terno, traje
6. record collector = colecionador de albuns (discos)
7. purchase = comprar
8. huge range = imenso alcance
9. shops = lojas
10. come into stock = entrar no estoque
11. whole world = o mundo todo
12. stuff = coisas
13. mostly = a maior parte de
14. generally = geralmente
15. saves time = economiza tempo
16. I've always gotten with = Eu sempre adquiri com
17. Even when = mesmo quando
18. Return = devolver
19. quite a few things = um bocado de coisas
20. actually = na verdade
21. “Trade Me” = site de vendas pela internet
22. Even = até mesmo
23. satisfied = satisfeita
25. quite often = com bastante frequência
26. ordered = encomendei
27. it hasn't arrived yet = não chegou ainda
28. looking forward to seeing = aguardando ansiosamente para ver
29. deliver = entregar
30. gadgets = aparelhos, dispositivos
31. geeky = coisas de nerd
32. = bugigangas