Anita (Taiwan): Am I good at saving money1? I don't think that I'm a good person. I don't think that I'm good at saving money because I spend a lot2. I like to go shopping3 and everytime4 I go shopping I will buy something so I don't think I am good at saving but I think I'm good at making money.
Martin (United States): I have to say, if there's one thing4 I’d like to be better is saving money. Right now I'm not very good at it. If I have it I lose5 it or I spend it on something that I probably don't need but it's too bad6 because I really need to learn7 how to save money better but I that8will come in the future.
Jeanie (United States): OK, am I good at saving money. Well, most of9 my life my family has always been10 a bit envious11 of my ability to save. Even when12 I didn't have a job, I would always have money just backed up13 somewhere and people would often have to try and get14 money from me on loan15. It's a little difficult now that I have to actually16 pay rent and things like that17 but, I'm still pretty good at it.
Mark (United States): I am terrible at saving money, absolutely terrible. And it's something that I think about a lot because I know I have to get better at it18 but after payday19, that money just “. I go out and I'll spend a hundred dollars in one night, it just, because I got21 the money in my pocket and then usually before payday, I don't have any money and I'm borrowing22 money from my friends so it's actually my worst habit23, is saving money.
Ruth (England): Good at saving money! Well, I think I am quite good at saving money, except sometimes24 I am a little bit naughty25 and I tend to spend, spend, spend. I usually have one day a month in which I go and spend. Except for that, I'm generally quite good. I don't spend too much money. I try to save all of the money that I can so that I can26 buy something nice at the end.
Simon (Cananda): God no! I'm not good at saving money. I think I usually spend money faster than27 I can make it. I don't save. I just take money out of my account28. I don't pay attention29. I don't organize. I don't . I buy a lot of things that don't have any , like services and beer, things like that: food, restaurants. I can't save money. I spend money.
1. saving money = economizar dinheiro
2. spend a lot = gastar muito
3. to go shopping = ir fazer compras
4. if there's one thing = se houvesse uma coisa
5. lose = perder
6. too bad = é uma pena
7. learn = aprender
8. figure that = imaginar que
9. most of = a maior parte de
10. has always been = se foi
11. a bit envious = um pouco invejosa de
12. Even when = mesmo quando
13. backed up = guardado
14. try and get = tentar conseguir
15. loan = empréstimo
16. actually = na verdade
17. things like that = coisas assim
18. to get better at it = melhorar nisso
19. payday = dia de pagamento
21. Got = tenho
22. Borrowing = tomando emprestado
23. my worst habit = meu pior hábito
24. except sometimes = exceto às vezes
25. a little bit naughty = um pouquinho desobediente
26. so that I can = para que eu possa
27. faster than = mais rapido do que
28. take money out of my account = tiro dinheiro da minha conta
29. pay attention = prestart atenção